Genshin Impact 2.1 will be released on September 1 and will bring new characters, islands, bosses, events, and more to the game. These include Watatsumi Island, Fishing System, Raiden Shogun, Kujou Sara, Sangonomiya Kokomi, Engulfing Lightning and more.
Meanwhile, miHoYo has released the full Genshin Impact 2.1 patch notes listing all the upcoming content along with their details. Prior to the release of the update, the game servers will be shut down for maintenance which will last five hours on September 1 at 06:00 (UTC+8). Here are the Genshin Impact 2.1 patch notes.
Genshin Impact 2.1 Patch Notes
New Inazuma Islands — Seirai Island and Watatsumi Island
- New islands: After the version 2.1 update, two new islands, Seirai Island and Watatsumi Island in the Inazuma region will be available.
- Unlock Criteria:
- Reach Adventure Rank 30 or higher
- Complete the Archon quest "Chapter II: Act I - The Immutable God and Eternal Euthymia"
New Trounce Domain – Narukami Island: Tenshukaku: This is the home of the Raiden Shogun, who rules over Inazuma. It is also the perfect place for a "duel before the throne".
- Unlock Criteria: Reach Adventure Rank 35 or higher and complete the Archon quest “Chapter II: Act III – Omnipresence over mortals”
- Located on Narukami Island.
Domain: Palace in a swimming pool
- It is said that a long time ago, sea water had not yet filled this pool. The moonlight was brighter then, and it filled the pool instead, flowing freely like quicksilver.
- Unlock Criteria: Reach Adventure Rank 38 or higher and meet certain criteria.
- Challenge the domain for rewards such as Primogems and Electro Sigils.
- Located on Watatsumi Island.
New System – Fishing
Recently, the ecology of Teyvat has seen an increase in the fish population, with many new species of fish appearing in various waters. The basic fishing association has its arms full and had to set up a commission to help the Adventurers' Guild...
Bring your fishing rod, choose the bait, find the spot, cast your rod, reel it in and voila, a big catch!
The caught fish can not only be used to make dishes but can also be exchanged for valuable treasures at the Fishing Association. There's even a chance of catching vibrant ornamental fish to admire in your home!
What are you waiting for? Let's become fishermen together!
- Unlock Criteria:
- Unlock the Serenitea potty system
- Complete the "Population Explosion" quest
Notes: To make it easier for travelers to save fishing spot locations, a fishing spot pin has been added to the map. Travelers can place the pins as needed.
- Read more: Everything you need to know about the fishing system for Genshin Impact
5 Star Character "Plane of Euthymia" Raiden Shogun (Electro)
- Gnosis: Electro
- Arms : Arms you've got
- His Excellency, the Almighty Narukami Ogosho, has promised the people of Inazuma an unchanging eternity.
4 Star Character "Crowfeather Kaburaya" Kujou Sara (Electro)
- Vision: Electro
- Weapon: Bow
- A general of the Tenryou Commission. Bold, decisive and skilled in combat.
5 Star Character "Pearl of Wisdom" Sangonomiya Kokomi (Hydro)
- Vision: hydraulic
- Weapon: Catalyst
- The divine priestess of Watatsumi Island. All the affairs of the island are within reach of this young woman.
5-Star Character "Savior From Another World" Aloy (Cryo)
- Vision : Cryo
- Weapon: Bow
- Once an outcast, now a hunter of unparalleled skill. Ready to do the right thing at all times.
How to Get "Otherworldly Savior" Aloy (Cryo)
- All Travelers who have reached Adventure Rank 20 or higher will be able to obtain the event-exclusive 5-Star Character "Savior from Another World" Aloy (Cryo) directly through in-game mail.
- This event will be divided into two phases:
- Laphase I: After the version 2.1 update – Before the maintenance of the version 2.2 update (2021/10/13 05:59 (UTC+8)). During the event, all Travelers who log into Genshin Impact on PlayStation®4 or PlayStation®5 will be able to obtain “Savior from Another World” Aloy (Cryo) directly via in-game mail.
- Phase II: After the version 2.2 update – Before the maintenance of the version 2.3 update (2021/11/24 05:59 (UTC+8)). During the event, Travelers who log into Genshin Impact on any available platform and have not yet obtained the character during Phase I will be able to obtain Aloy directly through in-game mail.
- Engulfing Lightning (5-Star Polearm)
- Moon Eternal Moon (5 Star Catalyst)
- Luxurious Sea Lord (Claymore 4 Star)
- “The Catch” (4 Star Polearm)
- Read more: Brand new weapons are coming to Genshin Impact 2.1
“Hyakunin Ikki” Event: Team Change Battle Challenge Awaits
- During the event, take part in the “Hyakunin Ikki” Free Battle Tournament and show off your elegant fighting skills by defeating opponents in two-character tag teams. By reaching target scores, travelers can earn rewards such as the event-exclusive Calling Card Style "Celebration: Ikki", Primogems, and more.
- Duration of the event: 02/09/2021 10:00 a.m. – 13/09/2021 03:59 a.m.
- Eligibility: Reach Adventure Rank 30 or higher and complete the Archon quest "Ritou's Escape Plan"
"Passage of Clouds and Stars" Daily Login Event
- Log in for seven days during the event to get Intertwined Fate ×10 and other rewards!
- Event duration: 2021/09/28 04:00 until the end of version 2.1
- Eligibility: Reach Adventure Rank 5 or higher
- Rewards: Intertwined Fate ×1, Mora ×80, Intertwined Fate ×000, Mystic Enhancement Ore ×2, Intertwined Fate ×18, Hero's Spirit ×2, and Intertwined Fate ×8
“Moonlight Merriment” Event: Participate and redeem for the event-exclusive claymore, Luxurious Sea-Lord
- The “Moonlight Merriment” event will also be available. During the event, travelers can complete quests in Moonchase Tales or participate in the Moonlight Seeker and Trail of Delicacies challenges to earn rewards such as the event-exclusive claymore, Luxurious Sea-Lord along with its refinement materials, Crown of Insight, Primogems, recipes, and more.
New Archon Quest
Archon Quest “Chapter II: Act III – Omnipresence over mortals”
- The Tri-Commission, the Resistance, the Vision Hunting Decree, “Musou no Hitotachi”… The Traveler was caught in the middle of the Inazuma conflict. Where will the Raiden Shogun's desire for "eternity" lead his people, and how much will it cost them...
New Story Quests
- Raiden Shogun's Story Quest "Imperatrix Umbrosa Chapter: Act I - Reflections of Mortality"
- Sangonomiya Kokomi Story Quest: "Dracaena Somnolenta Chapter: Act I - Dreams of Warriors Love Spring Grass Renewal"
New World Quests
- "The Moonlit Depths", "Divine Plant of the Deep", "Lonely Sea Beast", "Seirai Stormchasers", "Relics of Seirai", "Reminiscence of Seirai", "Neko is a Cat", "Method of Storytelling , » » Fertilizer… Seller? "The Narukami Trail", and more.
- Read more: Genshin Impact 2.1 Update: New Archon Quest, Moonchase Merriment, Featured Events, Quests and More
Signora, the eighth of Fatui's announcers.
- Hydro hypostase
- An elemental creature that protects itself with a cubic shell that is elementally inert.
- manifestation of thunder
- An elemental life form created as the Avatar of Thunderous Outrage.
- High elemental concentrations resulted in the creation of this floating creature.
- An elemental life form created as the Avatar of Thunderous Outrage.
- Adds a new mechanic whereby there is a probability of triggering a character's voice line related to treasure chests when opening treasure chests in the open world.
- New Recipes: Sweet Shrimp Sushi, Bird's Egg Sushi, Grilled Unagi Fillet, Rice Omelette, Taiyaki, More and More, Rice Pudding, Braised Meat, Oncidium Tofu, Invigorating Kitten Meal, Thin Chili Corn Buns, Satiety Gel, A Superb Stratagem, Eternal Faith
- New achievement categories such as "Teyvat Fishing Guide: Series I", Inazuma: Islands of Thunder and Eternity - Series II" and additions to the "Wonders of the World" category
- New Calling Cards: "Travel Notes: Moonchaser", "Raiden Shogun: Enlightenment", "Sangonomiya Kokomi: The Deep", "Kujou Sara: Tengu", "Aloy: Dawn", "Achievement: Nails", "Inazuma: Sangonomiya Crest,” “Celebration: Tuneful Delight,” “Celebration: Ikki”
- New Pets: Ornate Unagi, Redfin Unagi, Sunset Loach, Sunny Loach
- Nouveaux poissons : Medaka, Glaze Medaka, Sweet-Flower Medaka, Aizen Medaka, Dawncatcher, Crystalfish, Lunged Stickleback, Betta, Venomspine Fish, Akai Maou, Snowstrider, Brown Shirakodai, Purple Shirakodai, Tea-Colored Shirakodai, Abiding Angelfish, Raimei Angelfish, Golden Koi, Rusty Koi, Pufferfish, Bitter Pufferfish, poisson exclusif à l’événement Moonfin
- Pool of Sapphire Grace: Ornamental fish caught via fishing can be bred in this type of pond. This furniture plan can be exchanged with the Liyue Fishing Association.
- A new 'Boundless Symphony' pack will be added to the store at a later date: Purchase this pack to receive a special calling card style: 'Celebration: Tuneful Delight', Special Furniture: 'Splendid Phrase', Special Wind Glider: ' Wings of Poetic Melodies,” and Primogems × 1.
- Adds collection series 2-6 of "Paimon's Paintings" chat emojis and save emojis feature
Abyss and spiral:
- 11th Floor Ley Line Disorders have been replaced with:
- When opponents are defeated, all party members will be affected by the "Corrosion" status.
- Corroded characters will lose a fraction of their HP every second. Active characters can be downed by corrosion. When a non-active character's HP is below 15%, they will no longer lose HP due to corrosion.
- Corrosion lasts 10s and can stack. The duration of each stack is counted independently.
- 12th Floor Ley Line Disorders have been replaced with:
- For this floor only, the flow of ley lines will be normal.
- Updated the range of monsters on floors 11-12 of Spiral Abyss.
From the first moon phase refresh after updating to 2.1, the two moon phases will be as followsï¼š
- Phase I: Renew the Moon
- After a character uses an elemental burst, the ATK of all party members is increased by 6,5% for 15 seconds. Maximum 7 stacks. When 7 stacks are reached, the active character's normal attacks will trigger a shockwave at the hit opponent's position, inflicting area DMG. A shockwave can be triggered this way once every 2 seconds.
- Phase II: Cabriolante Moon
- For 10 seconds after a character uses an Elemental Burst, that character's normal and charged attacks will trigger a shockwave at the opponent's position hit at a cost of 1% of the character's HP, inflicting AoE DMG. This effect will be canceled when this character leaves the field. A Shockwave can be triggered this way once every 1. Active characters can fall as a result of this HP loss.
- Spiral Abyss and Blessing of the Abyssal Moon reset times will not be changed. These remain respectively the first and the sixteenth day of each month. The above Spiral Abyss update will take effect from September 16 (server time).
Adjustments and optimizations
- After the Genshin Impact Version 2.1 update, each level of Genesis Crystals recharge on the Crystal Top-Up page will be reset to provide a double bonus for the first recharge.
- After the reset, each recharge level will reset to provide a double bonus on your first…