Civilization 6 has been available for quite a few years now and is temporarily free from Thursday May 21 to Thursday May 28 on theEpic Games Store. For some time now, many players have been having problems connecting to multiplayer, so we'll explain how to fix it.
To solve the error when connecting to the multiplayer session on Civilization 6, four solutions exist and we will detail them for you.
The first method is to completely empty the cache of Civilization 6 by following the following procedure:
- Go by default to C:> User> Admin> Documents> My Games> Sid Meier's Civilization VI,
- Once in this folder, select the folders Cache, Dumps, Logs, Mod User Data et Packaged Dumps,
- Then do right click on these folders and delete them,
- Finally restart your game and try to reconnect to multiplayer.
The second solution is to repair your Civilization 6 files on Steam by doing the following actions:
- Open Steam then click on the “ Library »And select Home,
- Then go to the game Civilization 6 and right click and properties,
- Then click on the " Local files » and finally on « Verify integrity of game files ».
Another method is to disable your VPN(s) if you are using any. Finally the last method can be:
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool,
- Install the program and run a scan,
- Repair the errors found,
- Finally restart your PC to install the patches and relaunch Civilization 6 to see if the problem has been fixed.
It should be noted, however, that the Steam and Epic Games players struggle to come together for now but Firaxis Games is working to fix this issue.
Finally, don't forget that Civilization 6 is temporarily free on the Epic Games Store until Thursday, May 28 at 17 p.m.