However, the Black Ops Cold War patch released on December 6 is not just limited to preparing COD Vanguard, as Treyarch has also changed weapon balancing, updated the Prestige item shop, unlocked challenges for all previous seasons and much more.
Black Ops Cold War Patch Notes December 6
According to an official post from Treyarch, the Black Ops Cold War patch notes for December 6 are quite large.
There are some balance changes, zombie fixes and changes, and as mentioned, several changes and additions to the Prestige system.
Take a look at all the changes in the Black Ops Cold War patch notes for December 6 below, starting with some good news about Seasonal Challenges.
All challenges for the Black Ops Cold War season will be revealed and can be upgraded by players who had not revealed them in previous seasons. Legacy Season Challenges can continue to progress in Black Ops Cold War.
Starting with the first season, players can access and progress new multiplayer seasonal challenges in Vanguard and Warzone, as well as Zombies seasonal challenges in Vanguard.
Weapon Unlock Challenges
Iron leather .410:
- Added Weapon Unlock Challenge to Multiplayer and Zombies for the .410 Ironhide Shotgun.
- Added Weapon Unlock Challenge to Multiplayer and Zombies for the Grav Assault Rifle.
Weapon Balance Changes (December 6)
- Damage range reduced from 3,81m to 3,68m.
- Increased damage drop when firing beyond 3,68m.
Dragon's Breath Attachment:
- Now has a -5% effect on rate of fire.
- Increased damage range penalty from -25% to -35%.
- Damage bonus reduced from +17% to +16%.
12.1″ Extended barrel
- Damage range bonus reduced from +20% to +15%.
- Updated multiplayer and zombies lobby theme.
Zombies Changes and Fixes
- Closing an exploit during the main quest boss fight.
- Added "Not Enough Gas" prompt to the Arcade Token Dispenser when the player does not have enough gas to purchase a token.
- Fixed an issue where a texture would not appear correctly after melting the door during the main quest.
- Enemies killed by Brain Rot zombies will now contribute to the Dragon Relic Global Event.
- Added Assault Containment and Assault Deprogramming to offline local play.
- Fixed stability issues with the Arsenal.
So there you have it, the changes and fixes for the latest Black Ops Cold War update preparing for the release of COD Vanguard Season 1. Learn more about the updated Prestige system and progress syncing in the article linked below. below.
- Read more: COD Vanguard, Cold War, Warzone, and MW Synchronized Progression and Lifetime Prestige
Check out our dedicated Call of Duty section for more guides, best loadouts, weapon tier lists and more.
Image courtesy of Activision.