As players would expect, Rare Candies are back in Pokémon Shining Diamond and Shining Pearl and can be found all over Sinnoh. However, some of their locations have been changed from the original 2007 games. This means players will have to research in order to find each in the Sinnoh remakes.
Below, players can see where all the rare candies available are.
All rare candies in Pokémon Shining Diamond and Shining Pearl
There are technically three ways to find Rare Candies in Pokémon Shining Diamond and Shining Pearl. The first is to find them on the ground as usual. The second method is to use the dowsing machine at specific locations along the routes. Finally, the third way is to catch a Pokemon with the Pick-Up ability and have it find rare candies for you.
This article is going to focus on where to find rare candies in Sinnoh. Below you can see the location of each rare candy available in the overworld.
- Eterna City - Talk to Dawn's father, one of Rowan's assistants
- Route 214 – Surf the pond in the northern part of the route
- Route 218 – Surf to a small island and look behind some trees
- Route 224 – Surf past the group of trees and find it next to a patch of berries
- Route 225 – Go to the lower bridge after three coaches and two trees to be cut
- Route 230 – Surf to the island in the middle of the water and Rock Smash in front of two rocks
- Wayward Cave – In the northwest part of the cave, in front of two trainers. Pokémon with Flash required
- Ruins of Solaceon – Find the lowest room of the ruins by going up and down various stairs in the ruins in the northeast part of the city of Solaceon
- Mt. Coronet – Inside the entrance to Route 211 past Celestic Town. Use Force then Rock Smash on the left side of the cave
- Victory Road – Surf south past the running Ace Trainers and up some stairs. This is the Victory Road area with several bodies of water
- Stark Mountain – Passed two Ace coaches along the narrow path accessed from the staircase near which the coaches stand
If you want to use the Dowsing Machine, you can find an additional set of Rare Candies along the following routes:
- 207 itinerary
- 212 itinerary
- 225 itinerary
- 228 itinerary
- Galactic HQ in Veilstone City
- Grand marais
- Lakefront Value
- Mont Coronet
- Victory Road (2)
For the exact locations of each rare candy in Pokémon Shiny Diamond and Shiny Pearl, you can check out YouTuber Pokémon Archives' video on the subject.
- Read more: How to find the TM for Flash in Pokémon BDSP
Image courtesy of Nintendo/The Pokémon Company.